Monday 6 December 2010

Busy

As OWTcreative's popularity grows I'm increasingly finding that the time I have to spend on other things decreases. I'm not complaining, in fact quite the opposite. The growth of OWT has amazed no one more than the OWT team. It was only just over 3 months ago that we came up with the idea and now we find ourselves with a zine stocked in Manchester and London bookshops, blogged by MTV, featured twice on the Creative Review feed and are in the midst of planning our first exhibition amongst other things. We're receiving emails all the time from people wanting to get involved or support OWT in some way, it's a really exciting time. We were also invited to give a talk to the 3rd year graphic design students, a terrifying but at the same time enjoyable experience. We've had a couple of positive messages from them, it's hard to tell if they're just being nice though!

Aside from OWT my Masters course is now in full swing. Research wise it's been a real step up from the Undergraduate course and the workload is intense, but I'm also enjoying the recommended philosophical readings (Perec, Baudrillard, Deleuze etc) as well as my own reading into the history of independent publication. I'm also on the lookout for some kind of internship/placement here in Manchester to give me some professional experience, it turns out they're hard to come by. I can't complain though, everything is good, except maybe the weather which feels more Siberian than Mancunian at the minute. Even the canal, which is more traffic cones and shopping trolleys than water, is frozen.



No comments:

Post a Comment