Monday 6 April 2009

Book Covers








When i started designer my covers i decided i wanted to get away from cliche styles and imagery that are associated with the stories. I read into the meanings behind the stories and tried to understand the themes behind the books and also the atmosphere they create. For instance for the cover for my 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' cover i decided that the aspect of the story i wanted to focus on was the ability to feel empathy, that being the only thing that sets the humans and robots apart in the story. I then began thinking of empathetic situations and the rest is obvious i think.  I took out my a3 sketchbook and just started experimenting without any consideration for layout, i just wanted to see what going wild would produce. They're all dystopian stories and i wanted this to be reflected in my designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment